Benefits of Membership
Below are major benefits you’ll receive when you join the Northern Plains Association of Fundraising Professionals.
1) Our Chapter provides two training workshops each year including in 2020! These are day-long events with multiple sessions and topics at each workshop. Members of NDANO may register at the member price. First time participants may also register at this reduced cost. This summer, our morning of training (July 21, 2020) will be FREE to AFP and NDANO members!
2) Mentoring program: Access to CFRE professionals and others with 20+ years of fundraising experience. Member cost free.
3) National Philanthropy Day is our signature event which awards philanthropists. This is an opportunity for members to bring their donors to an inspiring event which promotes philanthropy. Members are asked to nominate their donors for recognition. Significant media attention is gained by this event. This event takes place annually in November of each year (November 12 in 2020!) Please see our calendar of Events for details. Be sure to click on the home page to nominate someone for an award - deadline is in August 2020.
4) Northern Plains Chapter is governed by a volunteer board of directors who donate time and expertise to support our region's fundraising professionals. Each director makes him or herself accessible to all members, and potential members who need one-on-one assistance. If you are interested in becoming a member of the board, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
AFP Northern Plains Chapter
PO Box 10055
Fargo ND 58106
7) Finally, AFP International has nearly unlimited resources. Members only access to the website provides toolkits, research papers and data, bi-monthly training webinars, and information exchange with other members, consultants, speakers and many other resources. Check out www.afpglobal.net !