Have a fundraising position to share in 2020? Send to AFPND1@gmail.org and we will post it here!
POSTED TO AFP Northern Plains Website 12/3/19
Job Title: Executive Foundation Director
Location: Mayville State University, Mayville, ND
Compensation: Salary and Rank are commensurate with level of preparation and experience.
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, and supplemental retirement plans.
Who can apply: Internal/external candidates eligible to work in the United States
Start Date: January 2020
Position Details: A complete position description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
Mayville State University is seeking an Executive Foundation Director. This is a full-time position with full benefits. Executive Foundation Director will provide overall leadership and general supervision for daily operations of the Foundation, including strategic direction, program development, operations, financial management, personnel management, and donor/community relations. The Executive Director plans, coordinates and assures the implementation of strategies to develop donors and contributions to support the Foundation. The position assures development and maintenance of appropriate systems to fund development including, but not limited to, volunteer and donor management, research and cultivation, solicitation of major gifts, gift processing and recognition. The Executive Director maintains transparent accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources. The Executive Director reports to both the President of Mayville State University and the Chairman of the Foundation Board. The Executive Director must be able to convey a vision of Mayville State University’s strategic future to staff and students and alumni; have the ability to work required flexible hours, including some early morning, evening, and weekend hours; demonstrate strong public speaking ability; and have the ability to travel for donor visits with some overnight trips.
· High level of teamwork/cooperation/collaboration, initiative, customer service, and organizational skills
· Demonstrated organizational, managerial, and communication skills
· Demonstrated experience in working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and life experiences
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing, public relations, sales, or related field
· Three years related work experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Experience leading, coaching, and developing staff
· Proven major gift and/or planned giving track record of success
· Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE)
· Basic understanding of fund accounting
· Experience in education or non-profit environment
· Proficiency in donor database systems and Microsoft Office software
Applicants must upload the following materials to be considered fully:
1. A letter of application/cover letter
2. Copies of licensure and certifications (as applicable)
3. A current resume
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
MaSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates and candidates to support diversity. ND veteran’s preference laws apply to this position. Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disable status, a current letter of disability. The State of North Dakota has an open records law. Therefore, your application could be subject to review upon request. A criminal history background check must be satisfied prior to employment.
ND Relay: http://www.relaynorthdakota.com/